A JOURNEY TO REMEMBER

 


As everybody is very happy to enroll into a college or a university of his or her choice after highschool, I wasn't an exception. I had that joy but the problem is , I didn't have any university or college in mind , not that I don't know any of them but the main reason was , I wasn't sure which one will suit me. I ran out of options and I only applied from four universities as we all know that you can only be placed in one university, unfortunately I was placed in Technical University of Mombasa. It was when my nightmares started deadly nightmares, this is because I knew alot of things are going to undergo a change be it directly or indirectly.

The biggest challenge was relocating from Nairobi to Mombasa , it was a problem to me because all my entire life I have never set a foot in the coastal region, but that didn't change the fact that I was going to be a studenti of Technical University of Mombasa. There was also some little excitement for it was going to be my first time I'm going to the coastal region. After a all the preparation I had to get ready to my new chapter and level of my life , if someone had set his or her eyes on me at that time could have the notion that this one is ready for the college life but only God and I knew the truth.

As I had anticipated earlier, the climate change really affected me since I wasn't used to too much sun and hot condition, it forced me to have only my inner clothes at times when I was by myself in the house, but after sometime I had to adapt to the new climate since it was the only thing to do. The school it'self wasn't the way I thought it is . In mind I thought Technical University of Mombasa was a very big University in terms of infrastructure and academical levels and it's services. It was different according to my thoughts but we had to take things as they were.

Another challenge was using electronics such as smart phones and laptops to attend classes. One I didn't have a smart phone at moment and you can only access the virtual classes through a laptop or a smart phone. Two even if I had one I didn't have the knowledge that's is required to access the materials since the lecturers thing that if one has reached the campus level then he or she has the required knowledge and stuff related. But after a while I had fit into the system.

As a car needs petroleum to operate properly, so as human beings need and requires food to manage their daily activities. Being a university student has its own way of living ,  I used to take three meals a day back home but when I came to further my studies that's when all that changed. I had to take one meal a day  and that's supper and when I'm lucky enough I will take lunch. The worst think is the only meals you can take is chapati and beans.


Despite of many challenges in campus , it has really taught me more than a lot , it has toughnen me in various ares, it has taught me how to relate to other people all over the conners of the country and world. It has really prepared me to the future , bringing the picture of life out there what one might face and how to handle them. What I can do is to thank the Technical University of Mombasa fratanity, the people and friends around me ,  my parents for their huge support throughout this entire journey and above all to the Almighty God for being my guidance and protector.

Comments

  1. Indeed we thank God for the journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed is a journey to remember

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it niggaa ๐Ÿ”ฅ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaah eyo goso bro uko tu fine all the best๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช✌️✌️

    ReplyDelete
  5. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite Interesting๐Ÿ–๐Ÿค

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bestie besty๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well articulated ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes courage to find oneself in the least possible places,well done keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment